The Boil Down 11/16/18
or "Sharing The Weird Stuff I Enjoy"
or "The Perfect Blog Post For That Person Who Has Everything"
Anywho, this is a little bit of what I was watching, reading and listening to while my immune system was carrying out its counter-assault on the rhinovirus.
- This video is three years old but it is a good reminder of why electronic voting is a terrible idea.
- Fedora 29 was released on October 30th. Of all the linux distros I've played around with, Fedora has always worked the best for me. It just works. I look forward to installing Fedora 29 on my beater laptop and taking it for a spin very soon.
- In more Fedora news: Fedora turned 15 years old on November 6th! Happy Birthday Fedora! 🎉🎂🎁
- Which is faster: a linked-list or an array? Dr. Steve Bagley decides to find out.
- Talk by James Dobbins on D.T. Suzuki's role in exposing the West to Rinzai Zen and his modern views on Pure Land Buddhism. James Dobbins is a Professor of Religion and East Asian Studies at Oberlin College.
- Shin Buddhism Is American Buddhism by Scott Mitchell. I am a huge fan of The Dharma Realm Podcast which Scott co-hosts.
- I've been back on the zafu again and I encourage everybody to give it a try...even if you think you don't need it. This is as good a place to start as any: Daily Practice: How to Get on the Cushion Every Day with Brad Warner. The first video is free and the other three are behind a paywall. However, the first video is all you need to get started.
- I'm not so sure about this...