90 Day PBD Weekly Roundup No. 1
or "Who Knew Taco Bell Wasn't That Good For You?"
Blood!I got the results from my blood test(s) and they weren't what I expected, but they were not surprising either. My LDL cholesterol was okay (76) but my HDL was low (24). That is throwing off the ratio of LDL to HDL to make it higher than it should be (5.1). My Uric Acid was 9.2 mg/DL and the healthy range is 4.0 to 8.0 mg/DL. Sooo, that meanse my kidneys aren't happy. I'm assuming this has to do with high blood pressure. This marker kind of freaked me out because I DON'T WANT GOUT!
My C-Reactive Protein (inflammation marker) was 7.5 mg/L which is an indicator of "higher relative cardiovascular risk". Well, great. Again, though, I'm not really that surprised.
My Vitamin D was 26 ng/mL which is considered an "insufficient" level of Vitamin D. Time to start taking some Vitamin D3 and get out in the sun.
As long as I stick to the whole food plant based eating (and take some D3) all of these potential problems should be fixed. I will know when I take another test in twelve weeks or so. If they are not fixed by then I'll make a trip to the doctor and get on the meds I need to get on.
90 Day Challenge GoalThe two main goals of this 90 day challenge are to lose a lot of fat and to change the food that I habitually eat (and desire to eat) in my day to day life.
What I ate
- Day 1 Monday, May 7th: 3 cups of coffee, petite sweet potatoes (with ground flaxseed and roasted sesame seeds), steamed spinach (with roasted sesame seeds), B-12 1000 mcg.
- Day 2 Tuesday, May 8th: 3 cups of coffee, half a chipotle veggie burrito with guac (no cheese or sour cream), steamed asparagus, steamed spinach, 1 oz raw pecans.
- Day 3 Wednesday, May 9th: 3 cups of coffee, Trader Joe's Sriracha Baked Tofu, 2 Taco Bell Fresco Bean Burritos.
- Day 4 Thursday, May 10th: 1 Startbuck's Venti Americano, 2 cups of coffee, 2 Wendy's Baked potatoes (no sour cream, only chive).
- Day 5 Friday, May 11th: Starbucks Venti Americano, 650 g (before cooking) sweet potato, 1 bag of Uncle Ben's whole grain brown rice.
- Day 6 Saturday, May 12th: Starbucks Venti Americano (6 shot), 3 Taco Bell fresco bean burrito, Taco Bell large unsweetened iced tea.
- Day 7 Sunday, May 13th: Coffee 3 cups (not pictured), Suja life drink (50 calories), Uncle Ben's brown rice, Simply Balanced Organic Low Sodium Three-bean Blend Kidney, Pinto & Black Beans, Hot curry sauce.